The Art of Fashion is a fashion blog dedicated to the artistic sense of Fashion. It is a great resource for the latest fashion news and trends; runway show highlights, fashion editorials, up-to-the-minute campaigns, models, and more.
Images on the Art of Fashion come from a variety of sources, ranging from sourced forums and blogs, to the images received directly from the source, whether it is a magazine, photographer, stylist, agency, etc.
About Client: Janet K. Schmidt
Janet K. Schmidt, the Founder and Editor of the Art of Fashion, a retail veteran, self proclaimed fashionista, blogger and social media junkie who has been actively blogging since November, 2013.
Janet was running her blog on blogger.com from last few years. She decided to move her blog to self hosted WordPress blog to get number of features which she needed to improve engagement with blog reader/followers.
Janet already hired someone to migrate all the Posts, Comments and images from blogger.com to WordPress. However because of some issues the migration was not completed smoothly and ended up with broken images and some other posts URLs.
Janet contacted us to fix all the broken things for her new WordPress blog (which was not live).
- First we needed to cross check and found broken things in new WordPress blog. Since the migration was already done by client on temporary domain, but number of things were broken.
- Janet needed to keep current theme, plugins setting and featured images which she had manually set up in new WordPress.
- Re-importing of only broken images and posts content made it quite complicated.
What we did
- First, we imported all the content on our internal test site. Compared the broken things with the site where content already imported (which was on temporary URL of Godaddy).
- There were number of missing images and permalink for some posts were broken, hence we decided to migrate all the content and show our test site to client to take approval before going live.
- The client needed to keep current settings of theme and if possible to auto assign featured images to posts.
- We played between WordPress database tables and migrated required data only from one DB to another to preserve settings.
- We wrote a custom code and assigned one image from post content as featured image.
- Once everything is done from our end, we processed a handover of the website to Janet. As she wanted to make few menu items and other design changes in website.
- After couple of days, Janet gave her approval to go live on the same custom domain where her blogger blog was running artoffashionblog.com.
- We also install and configured SEO plugin for this website.
I am so happy with the Blogger to WordPress migration that Nitun did for me. I came to rtCamp for help after a month long frustration with moving my blog. My experience from the initial email inquiring about their services to the finished migration was wonderful. All of my questions were answered and I was kept informed of the process every step of the way. Nitum went above and beyond to ensure that the current settings of my WordPress theme were kept and even auto assigned featured images to all of my posts. He also installed and configured a SEO plugin for me. My blog was up and running smoothly on WordPress without any downtime. I can not say enough about the professionalism and efficiency of the service I received. If you have a blog on Blogger and need it moved I highly recommend purchasing the Blogger to WordPress Migration service. You will not be disappointed
– Janet K Schmidt, Founder of Art of Fashion