Edible Garden is maintained, authored, and obsessed over by Nags V.
www.cookingandme.com contained around 860 posts and 22639 Comments on Blogger site which we moved to self hosted WordPress site keeping the traffic intact.
The Blogger site had custom URL www.cookingandme.com which we kept same for self-hosted WordPress site.
Our Blogger to WordPress migration process included:
- Installing WordPress on new hosting server.
- Configured the WordPress StudioPress theme.
- Imported all the posts, comments and images from blogger to WordPress.
- Added redirection of all the posts and pages URL towards WordPress posts and pages maintaining the permalink structure.
- Redirected labels and archives pages to WordPress categories and archives.
- Redirected blogger default feed URL to WordPress feed.
- Install and configure “WordPress SEO by YOAST” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/)
- Made WordPress blog live on the www.cookingandme.com domain.
There are around 140,637 monthly visits and 238,667 monthly page views.
Considering the site traffic to have high performance we setup it on VPS hosting with EasyEngine. 🙂